If you have trouble viewing this e-mail, read the ICOMOS e-News online.
4 April 2017
19th ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium,
Delhi, India, 11-15 December 2017
Dear ICOMOS members and colleagues,
Extended deadline for Call for Papers
The deadline for the Call for papers for the Scientific Symposium "Heritage and Democracy" which will take place on the occasion of the 19th ICOMOS General Assembly, has been extended to 30 April 2017.
The subthemes of the Symposium cover:
ST01: Integrating Heritage and Sustainable Urban Development by engaging diverse Communities for Heritage Management
ST02: The Role of Cultural Heritage in Building Peace & Reconciliation
ST03: Protecting and Interpreting Cultural Heritage in the Age of Digital Empowerment
ST04: Culture-Nature Journey, Exploring the Complexities of Human Relationships with Natural and Cultural Places
Click here for the call for papers for subthemes ST01, ST02 and ST03.
In addition to the call for papers, a call for proposals is launched for subtheme ST04 of the Scientific Symposium, the Culture-Nature Journey.
Deadline for proposals for the Culture-Nature Journey: 30 April 2017
We look forward to receiving your submissions for what promises to be an interesting conference.
Important Calls related to the 19th General Assembly
Click on the links below to download instructions and deadlines for the following matters linked to the 19th General Assembly:
ICOMOS expresses its warm thanks to the Getty Foundation for its continued support by awarding a 80 000 € grant to enable participation at the 19th General Assembly. ICOMOS also thanks the National Committees and individual members who contributed to ICOMOS' own Victoria Falls Fund which facilitates the participation of members at statutory meetings. Thanks to their generosity, ICOMOS will again be able to provide additional grants.
Voting rights, proxies and payment of membership dues
Voting rights are based on the number of paid-up members per Committee at 31/12/2016 - a table has been sent to the National Committee Presidents showing the votes attributed to each National Committee. Voting members at the General Assembly shall be designated by their National Committee in accordance with Article 9-a and 13-d-4 of the ICOMOS Statutes. Voting members duly nominated may give a proxy to another voting member of their National Committee. No member shall have more than four proxy votes in addition to his/her own.
To fully exercise their voting rights at the General Assembly, National Committees must meet the following conditions:
- Send in their voting lists and full definite proxies (scanned signed copies are sufficient) one month before the start of the General Assembly – that is at the latest by 11 November 2017. National Committees must also be up to date with their full membership fee payments, including for the current year, by this date.
- Minor changes in proxies will only be accepted in a case of “force majeure” preventing a voting member at the last minute from attending the General Assemblies (in cases of subsequent illness, misadventure or emergency). Such last minute changes have to be reported to the International Secretariat in Delhi not later than 72 hours before the start of the General Assembly.
Key dates to remember
30 April 2017 - Deadline for the Call for papers and proposals for the Scientific Symposium
11 May 2017- Deadline for applications for Travel Grants
11 June 2017 - Deadline for submission of:
- Candidatures for the ICOMOS Board (for publication on the ICOMOS website)
- Candidatures for the Piero Gazzola Prize
- Candidatures for ICOMOS Honorary Membership
11 October 2017 - Deadline for the submission of draft resolutions
15 October 2017 - Final deadline for candidatures for the ICOMOS Board and Deadline to register for the General Assembly and Symposium
11 November 2017 - Deadline for receipt by the International Secretariat of:
- the totality of membership dues
- the lists of voting members and full definite proxies
8 December 2017 (72 hours before the start of the General Assemblies) - Deadline for minor changes to proxies in case of "force majeure" only!
In this issue
Call for papers extended
If you no longer wish to receive the ICOMOS e-News,
Copyright © 2012 International Council on Monument and Sites. All Rights Reserved
Подробнее about ICOMOS e-News n°141: 19th GA - Delhi 2017 - Extended Symposium deadline & Important Calls